Sharing my OUAT design team inspiration card for May 2023 based on children's book ONE LOVE

 Welcome to Becca's Quest for Love and Country Creativity!!

This posting is for my love for mixing teaching and creativity through OUAT.

What: crafting friend, Deanne, started Once Upon A Time challenge blog last August with monthly prompts based on children's books

What is the May 2023 choice pick? Deanne selected Bob Marley's song-based "One Love". 

When: starts May 1, 2023

Show the design inspiration project:

My supply and vendor notes:

1. Thickers/American Crafts = "60" and birthday ticket

2. Pen + Gear = washi tapes

3. Hampton Arts ? for the wood and gold 'love'

4. Memento ink pads

5. stash items for the remaining red glitter heart shape stickers, white cardstock (5" square) and bright green cardstock (6" square)

The colors of white and green became my main two and then the washi tape with the little color dots is my nod to all the other bright colors on the cover. Then the jumbo font size of "One Love" became my next inspiration to interpret. At first I thought I'd just use a #1 but then I thought of my sister's upcoming late May birthday and decided to make it her #60. I had the Thickers birthday to use and I liked that it was a large font. And the wood with gold "Love" was in my Valentines stash box waiting for me! Two red glitter heart shape stickers, some inking, a lime green and white washi tape are more stash items to complete my card.

Show the book cover photo prompt:



OUAT's May 2023 challenge blog posting link=

https://onceuponatimechallenges.blogspot.com/2023/05/may-challenge-10-one-love.html

---------------------------------------

other challenge blogs to share/link are:

A. Just Add Ink; started April 28; use large font numbers/letters; my card has large font of letters and numbers; there are 2 tones of green ink used on the perimeter of the white cardstock

link= http://just-add-ink.blogspot.com/2023/04/just-add-ink-650large-letters-or-numbers.html

B. Creative Fingers challenge blog; started a few days back; anything goes

link= https://creativefingerschallengeblog.blogspot.com/2023/04/challenge-253.html

C. Inkspirational; dots and stripes theme; MY card---see the washi tapes

link= http://inkspirationalchallenges.blogspot.com/2023/04/inkspirational-challenge-288-designers.html

D. Allsorts Challenge; has 4 days left; Anything Goes with option for the girls; THIS card is for my sister who is 21 days shy of being 1 year younger than me!!!!

link= https://allsortschallenge.blogspot.com/2023/04/week-726.html

E. Beyond The Blue; current; Birthdays theme; THIS card is for my sister who is 21 days shy of being 1 year younger than me; her birthday is in a few weeks!!!

link= https://beyondthebluechallenges.blogspot.com/2023/04/bb84-birthdays.html


and a few Facebook groups for sharing/linking are: Mixed Media Creativity; Paper/Paper/Paper and DT Calls; Need Crafty Inspiration; 

--------------------------------------

Still on my quests for love and country in my life and through my creative efforts,

Becca S


Besides OUAT, I'm also involved with these challenge blogs: HQCB, TFATU, FQCB, FQGS; AACB, CBCB; MIUCB, MLCCB; MTTC, MTTCC; THICC.


Comments

  1. Another pretty entry Becca, so different to the last, many thanks for sharing another with us at Allsorts this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Brenda!! I'm a one-of-a-kind type of girl, even in my crafting! :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for sharing this fun and reminiscent card with us at Just Add Ink this week. Loving your large LOVE and numbers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Fiona!! It's been a great theme challenge to participate with!

      Delete
  3. A lovely Special Birthday card. Thank you for joining us at the Allsorts Challenge.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really fun birthday card, beautifully designed!
    Thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pure Sweetness, Becca! I love that you customized your birthday card, especially with the "chaotic" washii tape resembling confetti at a party! I would never have thought of creating a frame like that by using washii tape, and making it dancing with fun!
    hugs,
    de

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely movement and interest! Thankyou for joining us at INkspirational~

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this fun card Becca. Using the washi tape that way is so effective. Thanks for joining in with us this week at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FQCB #45 outdoor porch or deck furniture theme DT card for 28 January 2024

Loving this HQCB #44 Poinsettia Day theme option DT owner card for 14 Dec 2023

Best Wishes and Sweet Dreams with my TFATU main post DT owner card for 2 September 2023