TGSB January 2023 Kit Reveal

 Howdy! This is a bit different personal crafting blog post. Right now, there are no DT projects made BUT there will be! I took about 1-2 hours last night to go through some of my stash boxes to build a large kit--yes! And for me it's large!

I want to get at least 6 cards made out of it (3, maybe 4 for FarmQuest and 2, possibly 3 for My Time To Craft Christmas)!!!

The Great Stash Bash challenge by Lisa Hidy and Lori Stroup have a kit building formula for crafters to follow. 

I haven't actually counted the scraps, embellishments, or bashket categories but here's their TGSB badge:


and for 2023 they are adding the 'bashket' or bash-ket (basket)...or even a box of little odds and ends scattered around your desk or table that need a home or to be used.

Bashket badge:


My large kit is broken down into many photos. I tried to keep the main color palette to 3: yellow/gold, gray/silver, and kraft.

12 photos

Full sheets: 8.5" x 11 cardstock sheets and 1- 12" square cardstock= 10 total plus 6 bought card bases (some are flat and some are folded; there's a taupe, lavender, light blue, kraft, and 2 light golds


mini kit for card = kraft and yellow with reddish orange and pumpkin orange for accent colors; a scrap of beige hem lace and strip of a navy blue and green plaid cotton fabric might be used for accents


mini kit for a 2nd card= a vintage-spin Christmas card with gray, silver, gold, and some pinkish-reds, and green; wood veneer lasered "Merry Christmas" has already been painted gray with some silver glitter paint top layer and it has a recycled kraft packaging panel that's had some gray acrylic paint swiped from left to right and then dabs of silver glitter paint and gold glitter paint accenting! 


mini kit for a 3rd card= There's a light blue folded 5" x 7" card base shown peeking under the paisley scrap, buffalo plaid scrap, kraft scrap that might have some navy blue buffalo plaid and maybe some orange. I cut a strip of a navy blue and green plaid cotton fabric to possibly tie around the focal panel as accent. 


mini kit for card 4: the yellowy base is a light gold sheen 5" x 7" flat card base; shown peeking at the top left is a bit of red that will be used as a small accent touch somewhere on the card along with kraft, gray and white buffalo plaid scrap, a darker gold cardstock scrap, solid gray cardstock scrap with the barn scene for the focal image


mini kit for card 5: plans include a Christmas card with red, gold, and green; the light gold sheen cardstock is a flat card 5" x 7" base; the cut-apart card panel has a bit of dark red; I'd like to have more red on the card but not sure if that will be the solid red cardstock seen on the right or whether I'll do the red with embellishments.


mini kit for planned 6th card: I'd like this one to be mostly gold, some gray, some pink, and maybe a bit of lavender. Notice I've put in another light gold sheen 5" x 7" flat card base, some gold foil snowflake dazzles/stickers, another narrow kraft cardstock panel painted with gray acrylic paint and dabbed with gold glitter and silver glitter paints. This is my 2nd wood veneer added for my kit. So far this one's not painted. Not sure about color. I might just do 1 layer of gold glitter paint...we shall see what the result is once I start 'messing around'!!!


mini kit for a possible 7th card: This one might be for a red and purple challenge but it still is going to having some grays and golds--- there's an A2 lavender folded card base ready to go, some specialty speckled cardstock that will be trimmed down, the nutcracker has been recycled/upcycled from 1 of my received Christmas presents, and I'll probably include at least 1 lavender snowflake! A bit of the kraft golden brown cardstock and of the mid-gray with white dot cardstock will be incorporated to get more of this kit's main colors. 


mini kit for a possible 8th card: The forest animals panel has a 2nd one in the kit as an extra, just like a 2nd one of the nutcracker wrapping paper. This forest friends came from another Christmas gift received Sunday. The plaid is recycled packaging insert for Cozy Christmas collection. These 2 are on a folded kraft notecard base. I might use a darker kraft cardstock panel, maybe a bit of the muted green, and maybe a bit of the mid-gray and white dot cardstock....Haven't planned sentiment or accents yet.....


additional scraps and maybe some wood buttons to use as substitutes for wood veneers:


some Christmas sentiments and a few other accents gathered; I know I need more but they will be selected after I get started in making these pre-planned cards; more pink and lavender foam snowflakes; red glitter bow; green glitter bow; red plastic gems; the extra recycled wrapping paper panels.....


and finally the bashket items in a recycled lunchmeat plastic container=


I haven't planned for a shaker card but I need to use the sequin mix; there are some foil butterflies (for my western/farm theme cards) that I might use; some little white tags, some copper, gold, and silver embossed die-cut flower type 'stick-ons' that are there for the metallic sheen but unsure if they will actually be used. Under there are more little odd items found on my craft table. There are more than 10 items, but I'd like to use 1 or 2 of the little tags, maybe some sequins, maybe a butterfly, and maybe 1 sunflower or a daisy for the farm/western cards....

That's it. It will be interesting to see how things actually unfold during the month of what will have been used and what will be 'left standing'. 

I know of another DT commitment coming up that I'm thinking needs to be done in white, gray, and yellow. So I'll probably set aside any of those color leftovers for that upcoming card/tag project due before February 1st. 

If you've made it all the way to the end of this posting, thank you so much for being interested enough about the kit or about my crafting to read this very long preview for some of my January crafting.

Since I've done this much pre-planning, the actual card making time for each card is reduced to execution of the process-making! Fingers crossed for about 30 minutes per card!!! x

Lisa Hidy's blog link for TGSB January=

http://createdbylisa.blogspot.com/2023/01/lisa-loris-great-stash-bash-adventure.html

Lori Stroup's blog link for TGSB January =

https://loriannie670.blogspot.com/2023/01/lisa-loris-great-stash-bash-january.html

_____________________________________________

Becca S= I'm on a very long quest for all things farm country and others that make my heart happy!


Comments

  1. Becca - I love the colors in your kit! I love how you have everything broken down into smaller kits - making it easy to just grab and create. I look forward to seeing all of your beautiful creations this month! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lori!!! I've already used the first 4 mini kits...and have scraps to roll over to other projects.

      Delete
  2. What a fun kit! I love how you made mini kits, you are so organized now! I love the metallics you included in your "bashket", I can't wait to see what you create with it all! Thanks for joining us at Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FQCB #45 outdoor porch or deck furniture theme DT card for 28 January 2024

Loving this HQCB #44 Poinsettia Day theme option DT owner card for 14 Dec 2023

Best Wishes and Sweet Dreams with my TFATU main post DT owner card for 2 September 2023