Loving this HQCB #29 Theme of Mother Goose Day with heart/love and also collaboration with Double Trouble

 Welcome to Becca's Quest for Love and Country Creativity!

Today's showcase is for some heart/love for Mother Goose Day, May 1st!

What: Heart's Quest challenge blog is collaborating with Double Trouble challenge blog using inspiration from Mother Goose or element from a nursery rhyme plus HQCB's signature heart/love inclusion. 

Theme: #29 of HQCB

My project: I chose "My Black Hen" nursery rhyme. 

There are 3 rhyming sets: (1) hickety, pickety; (2) hen, men; and (3) day, lay.

Nursery rhyme element(s): black hen image on the die-cut label (actually was red until it encountered my black marking pen!); and the 1st/main verse of the "My Black Hen"

Heart/love element(s): 1 large navy blue heart shape behind the rhyme and die-cut

SHOW:


Some notes:

1. red, white, and blue cardstocks = stash items; different vendors; also blue gems and blue ink pad

2. "hello" in black foil dazzle/sticker = Hot Off The Press through Paper Wishes website

3. hen label die-cut; Echo Park

4. "Easter" egg stickers were gifted to me as extras from a junk journaling swap partner; I used a permanent black marker to transform them to go along as an embellishment for the eggs laid by the black hen in the rhyme

5. rhyme was found at nurseryrhymesmg.com [Suzanne of Double Trouble came across a list of 111 laptime songs and rhymes that is a combination of Mother Goose and other childhood fingerplays and action songs and the link is included at HQCB and Double Trouble.]


HQCB #29 blog posting link:

https://heartsquestchallenge.blogspot.com/2023/04/hqcb-29-theme-is-mother-goose-day-with.html

----------------------------------------------------------

other challenge blogs to share/link are:

A. Double Trouble challenge blog; collaboration with Heart's Quest #29; I'll use the link later in the day when it's available

link= https://doubletroublechallenge.blogspot.com/2023/04/Challenge-137.html?fbclid=IwAR1iY0ewWMQGCNk0kk1mr9pcgnMiioHEaCL3BQebvfrbZnqwqA0Fxz4oqkg

B. Krafty Chicks challenge blog; current; Week 4 Any Occasion theme; MY card is prompted by Mother Goose Day of May 1st; using the nursery rhyme "My Black Hen" friendship/encouragement card

link= https://kraftychickschallenge.blogspot.com/2023/04/krafty-chicks-challenge-661-all.html

C. Cut It Up; since Apr 21; In the Garden; MY card has a vegetable border on the die-cut with the hen that I colored black for it to match the nursery rhyme; and I added 2 black eggs; a chicken and her eggs could be in a garden

link= http://cutitupchallenges.blogspot.com/2023/04/cut-it-up-challenge-276-whats-in-your.html

D. The Outlawz Festive Friday challenge; until May 4; I chose the animals topic; MY card has a black hen and 2 black eggs for a very old English nursery rhyme

link= https://theoutlawzchallenges-friday.blogspot.com/2023/03/festive-fridays-challenge-march-31-to.html

E. Creative Fingers; started a week ago & current; anything goes

link= https://creativefingerschallengeblog.blogspot.com/2023/04/challenge-253.html

and some Facebook groups to share/link are: Mixed Media Creativity; Paper/Paper/Paper and DT Calls; Need Crafty Inspiration?, and more if I take time to share.....

------------------------------------------

<3  **  <3  **  <3

With a happy creative heart,

Becca S


(I'm also involved with these other challenge blogs: FQCB, FQGS, TFATU; CBCB, AACB; MTTC, MTTCC; THICC; OUAT; MIUCB, MLCCB. 


Comments

  1. What a fun sentiment on this card. Super country feel you created.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great vegetable label and I've heard of some chickens meandering into gardens! hahaha Great card full of charm! Loving those little black eggs! Thanks for sharing with us at Cut It Up! ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thought you might notice my entry, my farm/ranch friend! I'm sending it to my 80 year uncle and aunt, who just gave up having chickens this year.

      Delete
  3. My Black Hen is a new nursery rhyme to me - love your interpretation! Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a rebel and didn't use the list suggested but found this as an old English nursery rhyme. And I was wanting something to go with the die-cut, too! :)

      Delete
  4. I love the sound (from far away) of roosters crowing in the morning. So cute. Thanks for joining our Cut it Up "What's in your Garden" challenge.
    Hugs,
    Larelyn (CIU owner)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was not familiar with the rhyme and like that you put the rhyme on your pretty country card and love the added embellishments. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Becca, Congratulations! You are the winner of the randomly drawn prize at Double Trouble Challenge #137. If you wish to claim your prize, please contact us me at doubletroublechallenge@gmail.com with your postal mailing address. Thank you, Melanie Richards

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow!! Thanks for letting me know! I've looked at the new challenge theme but hadn't looked at the winners post!! Cool!!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FQCB #45 outdoor porch or deck furniture theme DT card for 28 January 2024

Loving this HQCB #44 Poinsettia Day theme option DT owner card for 14 Dec 2023

Best Wishes and Sweet Dreams with my TFATU main post DT owner card for 2 September 2023